National Parks of Estonia & Latvia October 2021, 7 days/6 nights
Day 1: Arrival Tallinn
Arrival in Tallinn, optional transfer to Hotel Radisson Blu Olumpia**** or similar, check-in, welcome meeting.
Day 2: Tallinn
The Estonian capital is a charming blend of medieval tranquillity and modern urban life. The medieval Old Town is a busy place in the summer with its many shops, galleries, souvenir markets, outdoor cafés and restaurants. The sightseeing tour takes us around the old medieval city walls and into the Old Town where we see Toompea Castle, Dome Church, Alexander Nevsky Cathedral, medieval Old Town Hall and Great Guild Hall. In the afternoon an optional excursion is offered to Kadriorg Park and visit to KUMU, the award-winning new Estonian Art museum, with its collections of classic and contemporary fine art. The evening offers an optional medieval dinner at Restaurant Maikrahv.
Day 3: Tallinn – Vihula
After leaving Tallinn we drive eastbound. We visit Lahemaa National Park with its wide stretches of beautiful untouched nature and many charming manor houses. We embark on a delightful walking tour through the park (2 hours, medium) see the impressive Manor House in Palmse, a testament to the industrious von Pahlen family. In the early afternoon and check-in at Hotel Vihula Manor Country Club & Spa****, a charming 16th century estate located in the heart of the park. The dinner at Kaval-Ants Tavern features a genuine Estonian countryside meal in the rustic ambience of the old ice-cellar.
Day 4: Vihula – Tartu – Cesis
We continue to Tartu, the University Town, where Estonia gained its statehood. We see the charming Old Town and the University founded in 1632. Shortly after arriving to Latvia we make a stop at picturesque Koni Watermill to learn about the watermill and the wool factory, which is still operative today. We arrive to Cesis in the afternoon and check in at Hotel Cesis*** or similar.
Day 5: Cesis – Riga
In the morning we visit Cesis, a Hanseatic city with winding streets, castle ruins and beautiful gardens. We continue to Ligatne, a former paper mill town, visiting a former paper mill worker’s factory before continue with a hike along Ligatne nature trail admiring the autumn colours of Gauja National Park. We arrive to Riga in the afternoon and check in at Hotel Wellton Riverside**** or similar.
Day 6: Riga
Founded in 1201 by the German bishop Albert, Riga is the largest of the three Baltic capitals and boasts a true kaleidoscope of various architectural styles. The walking tour of the Old Town includes Riga Castle, Dome Cathedral, St. Peter’s Church, Swedish Gates, Three Brothers, Large and Small Guild House and the Freedom Monument. The afternoon offers an optional visit to Kemeri National Park which is special for its great biological diversity, the unique Kemeri Bog, mineral waters and therapeutic mud found here. The evening is free for exploring more of the vibrant Latvian capital.
Day 7: Riga Departure
Optional transfer to airport.
- 6 overnights at centrally located 4 star hotels
- 6 x buffet breakfast
- 1 x 3 course dinner at Kavel-Ants Tavern at Vihula Manor
- Welcome meeting with champagne-cocktail or juice
- Personalised welcome package
- Entrances to medieval Great Guild Hall in Tallinn and Koni watermill
- Service of English and German speaking tour escort
- Service of Italian and Spanish speaking tour escort
- Service of Portuguese and French speaking local guides
- Service of 1st class cars or 1st class minivans throughout the itinerary
- Porterage at hotels
Max. 16 guests in the group
Min. booking of 2 guests
- Transfer airport to Hotel Radisson Blu Olumpia: EUR 35.00 for private car (1-3 persons), EUR 55.00 for private minivan (4-7 persons)
- 3-hour excursion to Kadriorg Park and visit to KUMU: EUR 40.00 pp
- Medieval dinner at Restaurant Maikrahv: EUR 40.00 pp
- 4-hour excursion to Kemeri National Park with a visit to Great Kemeri Bog boardwalk: EUR 40.00 pp.
- 5 x 3 course dinners at hotel: EUR 140.00 pp
- Transfer Hotel Wellton Riverside to airport: EUR 35.00 for private car (1-3 persons), EUR 55.00 for private minivan (4-7 persons)