Riga Christmas Market City Break in December – January 2021, 2022, 2023, 4 days/3 nights
Arrival in Riga, optional transfer to Hotel Radisson Blu Ridzene*****, check-in; welcome meeting, optional welcome dinner at hotel.
Riga, founded in 1201 by the German bishop Albert, is the largest of the three Baltic capitals and boasts a real kaleidoscope of architectural styles. The walking tour ofthe Old Town includes Riga Castle, the Dome Cathedral, St. Peter’s Church, the Swedish Gate, the Three Brothers, the Large and Small Guilds and the Freedom Monument. The tour end at the Old Town Hall Square where we join the bustle of the traditional Christmas Market and shop for unique gifts. In the afternoon half day optional tour to Riga Art Nouveaux district is offered with a visit to Art Nouveaux Museum and tour along Riga Boulevard circle. The tour ends with warm-up Riga black balsam drink at a central cafe. In the evening we attend a ballet or opera performance at the Latvian National Opera or European Christmas festival.
In the morning optional Candle workshop, you will acquire candle making art and know more about candles and history of candles under the guidance of professionals! In Candle workshop you can find out the history of candles and candle making, make and color candles, make different shapes of candles, create aromatic candles. The optional guided shopping tour in the afternoon will take us to interior decoration and design stores, art galleries and fashion boutiques in the Old Town with the main focus on local brands and artists. En route we enjoy a warm cup of coffee with Latvian Christmas pastry in a cosy café. In the evening an optional farewell dinner at the elegant Restaurant Forest can be pre-booked.
Optional transfer to the airport.
• 3 overnights at centrally located Hotel Radisson Blu Ridzene*****
• 3 x buffet breakfast
• Welcome meeting with champagne-cocktail or juice
• 3-hours guided walking tour of Riga Old Town
• Entrance to the Riga History and Navigation Museum
• 1 ticket to Latvia National Opera or European Christmas festival
• Service of English, German, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese and French
· Transfer from airport/harbour to Hotel Radisson Blu Ridzene: EUR 35.00 for private car (1-3 persons), EUR 55.00 for private minivan (4-7 persons)
· Welcome dinner at hotel: EUR 35.00 pp
· 3-hours visit to Riga Art Nouveaux district with a visit to Art Nouveaux museum: EUR 35.00 pp
· 3-hours visit to Riga Motor Museum: EUR 50.00 pp
· Guided shopping tour: EUR 25.00 pp
· Farewell dinner at Restaurant Forest: EUR 45.00 pp
· Transfer from Hotel Radisson Blu Ridzene to Riga airport/harbour: EUR 35.00 for private car (1-3 persons), EUR 55.00 for private minivan (4-7 persons)